SCOPE OF SERVICES
MISSION & VISION
Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy isa very new advanced technology that we are introducing to Kuwait through Global Med Clinic in the fall of 2011 state of art of hyperbaric chambers, make it possible to deliver advanced oxygen therapy to patients for treatment indications approved by USA. well qualified staff in collaboration with Oxyheal Medical Systems – USA. The highly qualified clinical personnel have been trained by Oxyheal Medical systems – USA to perform these treatments
Oxylife Health Center
Future HBOT Multichamber services in Global Med Clinic
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy will increase tissue oxygen levels which will enhance the healing of problem wounds that fail to heal because of inadequate tissue oxygen levels despite the traditional wound care.
Nearly 33,700 people in Kuwait suffer from chronic or problematic non healing wounds. Out of these, 10% of patients with lower extremity arterial insufficiency will progress to revascularization and 5% of these have an ulcer history of greater than 10 yrs.
Approximately 224,667 Kuwaitis suffer from diabetes per the latest statistics (15% of the total population) and 25% of these patients will develop lower limb ulcers in their lifetime. And, 60% will recurrent ulceration.
Allnon-traumatic amputations are in persons diagnosed with Diabetes – 85% amputations results from non-healing wounds.
With early referral and proper treatment of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, 85% of these patients can be saved from Amputation
Treatment Indications of Hyperbaric oxygen Therapy
The following list of indications for hyperbaric oxygen therapy is accepted by the undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS) and American College of Hyperbaric Medicine (ACHM)
1. Burns and Plastic surgerymanagement
2. Enhancement of Healing in selected problem wounds
3. Delayed radiation injury ( Soft tissue and Bone Necrosis)
4. Carbon monoxide poisoning and CO poisoning complicated by Cyanide poisoning
5. Exceptional Blood loss ( Anemia)
6. Skin grafts and flaps ( Compromised)
7. Clostridial Myositis and Myonecrosis ( gas gangrene)
8. Intracranial abscess, Actinomycosis
9. Thermal burns
10. Crush injury, Compartment syndrome and other acute traumatic ischemias
11. Necrotizing soft tissue infections
12. Actinomycosis, as an adjunct to conventional therapy when the disease process is refractory to antibiotics and surgical treatment.
13. Decompression sickness
4. Chronic Refractory osteomyelitis ( infected bone)
15. Acute peripheral arterial insufficiency
16. Diabetic wounds
17. Preparation and preservation of compromised skin grafts
18. Venous stasis ulcers – recommended only for venous surgery, local wounds care, leg elevation, counter pressure support.
19. Osteoradionecrosis as an adjunct to conventional treatment
20. Arterial insufficiency ulcers – which persist after reconstructive surgery has restored large vessel function.
21. Acute traumatic peripheral ischemia ( when loss of limb function, limb or life is threatened)
22. Necrotic wounds secondary to brown recluse spider bite
23. Meleney ulcers
Alternative treatment indications
Auto-immune related disorders
Plastic & Cosmetic surgery
Peripheral vascular disorders
HBO Therapy isa valuable adjunctive treatment to be used in combination with accepted standard therapeutic measures when loss of function, limb or life is threatened including crush injuries and suturing of severed limbs
LOOKING FOR JOB?
Send us your CV
If you are seeking a fulfilling and dynamic career that gives you an opportunity to make a difference and are looking for a great place to work, send your resume or CV to:
Phone: +965 2531-3081/2/3/4/5
Block 1A, Building No. 198
Mazaya Complex, Floor 19
Jabriya, Kuwait 46302
MISSION & VISION
COPYRIGHT | HSMCC | KUWAIT | 2014